What to Expect: The Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
The start of a new year is the perfect time to schedule your Medicare Annual Wellness Visit. It’s important for you to establish with a primary care provider, regardless of age or how healthy you are, who gets to know you and your medical history.
The Annual Wellness Visit is not a physical and does not replace your annual physical exam with your primary care provider. This visit is a FREE annual preventive visit to help you, in collaboration with your care team, develop or update a personalized prevention plan designed to help prevent disease and disability based on your current health and risk factors.
For Medicare Part B recipients, the Annual Wellness Visit is covered once every 12 months.
What to expect
- Conversation about your individual and family’s medical and social history
- Depression assessment
- End of life and advanced directive discussions
- Establish individualized schedule of preventive services over the next 5-10 years
- Functional ability and fall risk assessment
- Hearing assessment
- Height, weight, BMI and blood pressure check
- Vision assessment
What to bring
- Current list of medications and supplements
- List of other providers involved in your care
- List of previous major surgeries and hospitalizations
Visit www.medicare.gov for more information about the Annual Wellness Visit.
May 14, 2018
April 19, 2018