From Ashley’s Macroed Kitchen: Key to the Kingdom Breakfast Casserole
This easy-to-make, quick to reheat recipe is one of my very favorites when life gets busy.
It takes about 10 minutes to assemble and makes enough that we can enjoy it all week. We often serve it as “brinner” in my house on evenings that are full of swim classes, practices or other kid events. It’s also a great fallback option to have on hand when a picky eater turns his/her nose up at another dinner option.
For those of you who vehemently hate cottage cheese, I encourage you to give this a try anyway. I can’t make myself eat cottage cheese either, but you don’t even notice it in this recipe. It just gives it extra volumes and amazing macros.
Here’s to quick prep and a healthy, easy breakfast, or brinner, option.
Key to the Kingdom Breakfast Casserole
1 lb pork sausage
3 oz crumbled bacon
24 oz cottage cheese
16 oz liquid egg whites
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat. Drain.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs and egg whites. Mix well.
4. Add all other ingredients including cooked sausage.
5. Pour mixture into greased 9×13 baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
6. Bake 40 minutes or until eggs are mostly set. Don’t overbake because it will continue to set up after you remove it from the oven.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
MFP Listing: MacroEd Cottage Cheese Casserole
August 12, 2019
July 10, 2019
June 13, 2019