Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
The combination of maple + bacon make EVERYTHING better. Even brussels sprouts! This quick, easy recipe is a healthy way to actually ENJOY sprouts. Just try it! You’ll see.
Anytime someone tells me they “hate brussels sprouts,” I take it as a challenge and come at them with this recipe. So far, I’ve been able to convert EVERYONE who has tried it. This combo is THAT good. So, you should be eating maple bacon brussels sprouts. Let me show you how.
2 lbs. fresh brussels sprouts
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
10 oz. diced tomatoes, no salt added
10 tbsp. real crumbled bacon
1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Chop sprouts in half or quarters (depending on the size) to make them bite-sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add sprouts. Stir to coat.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Add tomatoes and bacon. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook until sprouts reach desired tenderness. (Test on the largest one in the skillet. It should be almost tender.)
- Add the maple syrup when sprouts are finished. Mix well to coat.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving size: 1/6 of recipe
Calories: 153; Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 19g; Protein: 10g
June 13, 2019
June 12, 2019
June 06, 2019