What is Rhinoplasty?
From Hollywood to coworkers to family, people who have chosen to undergo rhinoplasty are all around us. Rhinoplasty, more commonly referred to as a “nose job,” can be performed for a variety of reasons. The reshaping of the nose may be needed after a traumatic event, resection of a lesion or for no reason other than the desire for a different appearance. This procedure can enhance facial harmony by improving the nose’s proportion in relation to the rest of the face or changing the shape of the nose itself to a more favorable form or better function for breathing.
Some things that rhinoplasty specifically treats are:
- The size of the nose
- The contour of the nasal profile, such as a hump or bump
- The width or straightness of the nasal bridge
- The appearance of the nasal tip, such as making a large tip appear more petite
- The opening width of the nostrils and respiratory function
- Symmetry of features that differ between right or left sides of the nose
- Realignment of the septum of the nose
If you are interested in rhinoplasty for any reason, keep in mind that this procedure requires surgery in an operating room, and you should expect some recovery time. But, improved breathing, facial balance and alignment of your nose are all possible with this procedure.
If you would like to learn more about rhinoplasty or any facial surgical procedures, call Marshall Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at 304-691-8910 to schedule a complimentary consultation. For more information about rhinoplasty, you may also visit the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgery’s website at: https://maxface.org/conditions-and-treatments/rhinoplasty.cgi.
May 08, 2020
May 01, 2020
April 15, 2020